Sunday 12 June 2011

The Sex Club by L J Sellers

I have just finished this book, the first in the Detective Jackson series, and started on book 2 "Secrets to Die for" - which tells its own story?

The books appealed to me as after I had chatted to the author on Twitter,  I went off to read about her books. On reading the reviews of them, I was fairly certain I would enjoy them so I immediately went to Amazon and downloaded the whole series to my Kindle. I managed to read the 1st book in a very short time as I found myself picking it up at every opportunity, even when I woke up during the night I  reached out for it.... It was easy to read and to follow the story. I like it when there are not too many characters so you don't have to keep trying to remember who they all are!

 To be honest if I hadn't read the review I wouldn't have gone for this book because of the title, I found it a bit off putting. Having read the book, it makes sense, but I didn't care for it and I am just glad I had been directed to these books as I might not have found them on my own.

Detective Jackson, I liked. He was a normal guy with problems, both in the job and at home, and I found him to be very believable, and I cared about him pretty quickly. It was a delicate subject, yet it was handled well, I wont say any more as I don't want to give the plot away, but  I shared the horror with Jackson as he began to realise what was going on and how close to home it might have been.

It was a roller coaster ride, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I am now off for a fresh cup of coffee and continue with book 2, with that lovely feeling of having more waiting to be read!

No comments:

Post a Comment