Sunday 26 June 2011

Bloodshot by Cherie Priest

I had picked this book up a couple of times to read it, but each time decided I wasn't in a vampire mood. However, the other day I decided it has been lying around long enough, I had bought it as I read a review of it and it appealed, so time to dive in.

So glad I did, I really enjoyed the book, I liked the character of Raylene, vampire and thief, as well as the various characters she met along the way on the case. The case being a fellow vampire who had been the subject of various experiments leaving him blind, he asked her to investigate the government department responsible for the experiments and find  documentation detailing what exactly had been done to him so he could potentially be treated to regain his eyesight.The charming Ian, persuaded her to take on this very dangerous case, partly because of his charm, and partly because he knew she would be horrified to hear about the abduction of vampires so they could be experimented on.

 Although she is a vampire, there is not a lot of "vampire" activity really, it became more of a conspiracy thriller, of which vampires play a part. It was fast and exciting and the ending leaves it open for more books about Raylene. I hope this is the case are there were several loose ends left in the book on both professional and personal levels.

If there is a follow up book, I will certainly read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment