Sunday 5 June 2011

Blood Faerie by India Drummond

When I saw this book was about the supernatural - faeries - and set in Scotland, it was a must for me! As I started to read the book I did not feel an immediate connection and I was a little concerned that it was going to be a disappointment, but no - by the second chapter I had bonded with the 2 main characters.

I enjoyed the mix of murder mystery with the supernatural and I can see the possibilities for future books in the series. The partnership of exiled faerie with the policeman just discovering his own powers as a Druid, provided an intriguing relationship with plenty of scope to come as his powers are fully discovered and their relationship grows. Will she be accepted back into the fold, will she want to be accepted? How their special bonding develop? Will they become a pairing who will continue to investigate rogues as they can move and live among humans, I cant wait to find out.

I see that India has written other novels, and I will be having a wee peak at them too, after enjoying this book so much. For anyone who enjoys this kind of subject matter I would recommend giving it a go.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Jackie. You have really whetted my appetite for this one. Another great review. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie,
    I so need a new book. I'll definitely check this out. xox
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete