Sunday 11 September 2011

The Arranger by L J Sellers

I decided to start reading this e book last night, and as soon as I started I knew I was hooked. I knew I was in for a long night and I was right.

The hero of the hour is Lara, she was a police officer for 16 years and is now a freelance paramedic, the year is 2023 and she is  to take part in the  annual contest “The Gauntlet”. As Lara is female and the oldest competitor, she is not ranking too highly, but she knows she has put the work in and has the experience behind her. The day before she is due to travel to the contest, and when on a call out, she is shot at as she arrives on the scene, on entering the property she find the Federal Employment Commissioner alive but with a large bullet hole in his shoulder!

When Lara arrives at the competition site, she is taken aback to spot the shooter, and wanders if he has followed her to the competition to finish the job……… And then the action really starts with Lara taking part in the gruelling competition - which needs all of her wits, intelligence as well as strength and stamina - dealing with the other competitors, murder and mayhem with a little romance thrown in for good measure.

At the same time, we are reading about events taking place months ago from a seemingly unrelated story, we actually bob back and forth between the here and now to the past as it all comes together in an explosive ending.

Nothing has been said if there will be more novels with Lara, can I request, pretty please, that there be more, I finished reading the book and wanted more, that says it all for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment