Sunday 4 September 2011

The Accident by Linwood Barclay



As I started reading this book in the early hours of a Saturday morning, I managed to read it all in the one day.

I loved the first couple of books by Linwood Barclay, fast and furious action right from the word go, but I had started to feel it to be a bit too much of a safe formula. However I still bought this new book as soon as I saw it.

It was still fast and furious, and I did quite enjoy it, and the constant trying to guess who the bad guys were, and there was the usual twist –  sting in the tail. However, I just felt almost like he was asked to write a thriller novel about knock off selling. To almost show his readers what is behind buying the odd knock off DVD, or handbags or medicines.

So although I enjoyed the book, and read it in the one day, that was because it was a Saturday and I had all day, it was an easy read plus I did quite want to find out who were the baddies. It was ultimately a little disappointing, I was left dissatisfied. 

No comments:

Post a Comment