Wednesday 10 August 2011

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton


This book is both the story of Edie in the present and her mother in the past and their relationship with the 3 sisters living in Milderhurst Castle.

Edie’s mother was evacuated there during the war and lived with the sisters and their father till she was forced back to London. The book is basically about Edie unravelling the story of her mother, and getting to know the woman she has only ever known as a private and distant person.

I found it to be an atmospheric book, I wanted to go and visit the castle and feel what was described and meet the sisters. There were twists in the story as it unravelled, although to be honest I had guessed most of the story, I still enjoyed reading the book and seeing if I was right!

This isn’t a great book, but a very pleasant, good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment