Wednesday 10 August 2011

Angelology by Danielle Trussoni


This book really appealed to me as I enjoy books with a supernatural twist, and reading about the story felt it would be a good big book to get lost in.
The story revolves around Evangeline, who was abandoned on the steps of the St Rose Convent. While working there, and after a visit from a stranger looking for access to their library, she finds letters which uncover secrets to do with the her family and what sounds like bodies of angels found in a cave in the Bulgarian mountains.
One of the elderly nuns in the convent is able to tell her part of the secret, as she discovers that she has found the letters, and tells her of her experiences when she was young.
We also discover there are angels living alongside us, they simply have their wings tied back, and they have been both living and breeding with humans, creating a hybrid and there are some of them coming down with a strange disease. We also have a lengthy description of angels and the different types there are etc.
I started off intrigued by the prospect, but I must admit to losing interest and feeling there was a great chunk of the book that I found to be tedious and becoming like a history lesson. I persevered to the end, to find out how the story went, but it was, for me, a great disappointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment