Friday 5 October 2012

Sleight of Hand by Mark Henwick


I started reading this book thinking it would be distracting, as I was unwell, plus building work at home was stressful. It did that very well.

I found the book so easy to read, the characters real, and I quickly felt at ease with it. In fact I carried my kindle round constantly so I could read it anytime. 

It is, as the description indicates, a vampire story, but a different story from the usual. There are also werewolves, though they don't really have too big a part in this story. The book moves quickly as you learn about Amber and her story - her background - and how she has ended up in the position she is in. Why she is a private investigator, and we get to know the various people involved in her life.

I grew to love so many of the characters, I was so disappointed that book 2 is not yet out so I will have to wait, impatiently, for it. However, as I can see so many areas where this series can grow and develop......I am very excited about book 2!

If you are a fan of this genre, and are maybe looking for other than 17 year old heroines, I would urge you to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment